Re: RPM

On Mon, 31 Mar 1997, Christian Hudon wrote:

> More programs would share DLL if it wasn't asking for trouble like it is
> currently. Just take MFC or OWL as an example... Quite a few progams use
> one or the other, both Microsoft and Borland ship them as DLLs, but most
> programs either install their own private copy or get linked statically to
> avoid all the trouble that mismatching versions, etc. cause when
> sharing DLLs (or at least attempting to).

 That's completely true... But even so... Is less common for Windows
packages to depend on external libraries. And if they do so, the depended
libraries are very few... VB*DLL, MFC*DLL, etc...
 I don't know... educate the Windows people would be a huge task... =)

--
Nicolás Lichtmaier.-  | Try visiting #debian in Undernet (us.undernet.org)
nick@feedback.com.ar  | The channel of the debian developers =)