Re: RPM

On Mon, 31 Mar 1997, Christian Hudon wrote:

> Most of the Windows programs I've seen kindly install a DLL or two in the
> \Windows directory.
> I don't know is dpkg would catch on on Windows, but dpkg's dependency
> mechanism provides a much cleaner handing of shared libraries than the
> "Windows way"... and is something that would do Windows much good, IMHO.

 Yes, not many programs use DLLs... And how many Windows programs do you
know that can share a DLL's that provides some funcionality? In Linux
there are lots of things using libraries like libjpeg, libtiff, libvga,
etc...

--
Nicolás Lichtmaier.-  | Try visiting #debian in Undernet (us.undernet.org)
nick@feedback.com.ar  | The channel of the debian developers =)