Re: RPM and dpkg merger

On Mon, 31 Mar 1997, Mark Phillips wrote:

> Why don't we merge the two package management systems?  It would be
> in Linux's best interest in the long term to have a single packaging
> standard.
> Is this feasible?

 Please note that having a single packaging standard won't give the
ability to `cross-install' packages. The distributions differ in the
filesystem layout, and in the way many services are implemented.

--
Nicolás Lichtmaier.-  | Try visiting #debian in Undernet (us.undernet.org)
nick@feedback.com.ar  | The channel of the debian developers =)