Re: Package MODULES

On Sun, 30 Mar 1997, Paul Nelson wrote:

> When I upgraded to the Bo (Unstable) it tells me that package modules
> relies on package modutils (which is not available).  With that I do not
> get a few files needed for kernel compilation (such as /sbin/genksyms
> (which is a symlink to /usr/bin/genksyms)).  If I install the modules from
> the stable distribution, it works.  Anybody have any ideas?

It's in the base directory, maybe Packages is a day or so behind. You have
2 choices.

1) Make a Packages file that is correct for your copy of bo.

2) use dpkg to install modutils.

Since you are using bo, you should get used to running dpkg without
dselect. Write if you need more help with it.

Paul Wade - Greenbush Technologies Corporation
http://www.greenbush.com/cds.html
Linux CD's sent worldwide