Re: ppp.

On Thu, 27 Mar 1997, A. M. Varon wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> i have used ppp in debian with no problems at all. But lately, i
> reinstalled my debian and it connects, i can use telnet, ftp, etc. but
> after say, 2 min. i get disconnected...
>
> i set my mtu to 500 and it's still the same... any hints where i went
> wrong??
>
> tia,
>
> andre..

Check out the man page on pppd concerning
lcp-echo-failure/lcp-echo-interval and modem options.  These can cause
that kind of problem.  You might try using minicom to dial in and telnet
around for a few min's to see if it's on the server side.  Although it
could be ppp related.  That will at least remove the obvious.