Re: problems with SounBlaster16

On Wed, 26 Mar 1997, Carlos Camargo wrote:

> Hi , I have a problem with soundblaster 16, my slakware 3.0 dont
> recognize my cdrom, Somebody know how make to recognize ????
> thanks carlos camargo

If it is a CD-ROM which connects to the proprietary port on the
soundblaster, configure the kernel to use non-scsi or ide cdroms
(Matsushita/Panasonic/Creative) and edit sbpcd.h to specify the cdrom
parameters.

These cd-roms don't like to be loaded as modules, by the way.

Bob

----
                            AX.25:    w6swe@wb7tls.az.usa.noam
                            http://www.primenet.com/~nielsen