screen capture tool for Debian

Hi,

I am frantically looking for a screen capture tool similar to the capture tool
on SGIs. This tool lets you define a region of the screen to save as a .rgb
file which may then be opened with xv ... If anyone can lead me in the right
direction, I would really appreciate it.

BTW, I've been running Debian for three weeks now with not one crash or system
hang while working on a couple of research projects (one in computer vision using
Mesa, Glut, a homegrown Xlib framebuffer library, and lots of computation; the
other a neural network project) and writing papers. Using Windows 95 *just* to
write a single paper and occasionally do a little WWW browsing necessitated
at least a daily reboot. Good job! I hope to contribute to the effort one day
soon.

John

p.s. Any Debian t-shirts out there?