Network Configuration

Hello,

	last week, I had a problem with my ethernet card not being detected by
the modconf program so I asked this list. I got lots of answers and
finally my card is detected.

	The problem now is that I can't make it work. I mean, I can't do ftp,
telnet, etc... When I try some of these, I wait and wait,... If I use
nfs as the access method to the distribution, I got the message "server
<my nfs server> seems to be down or inexistent".

	I have configured the network, I have installed the drivers (my card is
a DIGITAL depca), the card is found when rebooting at the correct
address and interruption...

	Could somebody give me a hint about what's happenning? Maybe there's
something I forgot to do. I'm a beginner in LINUX, so I would apreciate
being told what to do step by step.

	Thanks.

	Jordi INGLADA