Re: lprm won't let user remove his own print jobs

Mike Orr <mso@jimpick.com> writes:

> I seem to have the permissions messed up for lpd, because user's can't
> remove their own jobs.  /var/spool/lpd and subdirs are set to
> "drwxrwxr-x root.lp".  I tried drwxrwxrwx, drwxrwsr-x and drwxrwsrwx but
> none of these helped.

There are security problems with lpr and it doesn't seem to detect
local users properly. The fix is to upgrade to lprng (which is in the
unstable tree, but I have had no problems---in fact it's a lot nicer
than plain vanilla lpr & co.).

Graeme

--
| Graeme A Stewart, pgp public key  finger graeme@ariel.igeofcu.unam.mx	|
|  Key fingerprint =  AF C7 BF A4 52 D5 3C 3B  17 A5 62 43 DA 15 E8 97  |