Re: Zmodem recovery

Jeff Shilt <jshilt@oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu> writes:
>Minicom doesn't recover when I have partial files.

Well, technically, it's lrzsz that acts that way.

This is because there is no recovery code in lrzsz (at least, there
wasn't any last time I looked really hard---however I no longer
actively use zmodem, and never really took a good look at 0.12b other
than to package it, so it's entirely possible someone slipped the code
in.  It 0.12b purports to do so and doesn't, please file a bug
report).

So, while it would be nice, the only zmodem for Unix that I know of
that implements crash recovery is that of Omen Technologies, and it is
decidedly non-free.

I suppose if you want to file a bug report you may, but I would
recommend contacting the upstream author of 0.12b, as you (a user)
would have a much better chance of making a persuasive argument than I
(a non-user).

Mike.