Re: xterm_color HOWTO?

Hi Ken

color is built into ls in recent versions of ls.
I have the alias

     alias ls='ls --color'

in my initialization file /etc/profile for everybody,
and .bash_profile (or what have you) for local init.

I also found on my Debian system the file
           /usr/doc/fileutils/color-ls.gz
You may have it too. Look there.

Hope this helps.

--David

On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, Ken Gaugler wrote:

> Is there a good writeup available that describes how to get the
> xterm_color to work?  My old Slackware system had that by default,
> but I have never been able to get it to work under Debian.
>

> --
> Ken Gaugler  N6OSK  Santa Clara, California
> email: keng@wco.com  URL: http://www.wco.com/~keng
> "The life of a Repo Man is always INTENSE..."

           LINUX: the FREE 32 bit OS for [345]86 PC's available NOW!
David B Teague | User interface copyrights & software patents make
teague@wcu.edu | programing a dangerous business. Ask me or lpf@lpf.org

National Security Council explosion Treasury terrorist Delta Force bomb