Re: Adaptec 2940 UW (general)

On Fri, 21 Mar 1997, Lawrence Chim wrote:

> > I've got 9 or 10 of these cards deployed.  All of the machines are running
> > 2.0.29 without a single problem.  I've never done anything more than plug
> > the card in, turn the machine on and install.  No special tweaking
> > required.
> >

> What device(s) did you use on the card?

HP 2 Gig SCSI-2 disks and Sony DATs.  A few Quantum Fireballs too..  I
tend to stay away from nuclear reactors^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hseagate
drives.  They just run too hot.  I've also got a Conner 250 MB scsi-2 disk
that I yanked from a PowerMac 7100 when I slapped a couple of gigs in
it...  Never had a problem.  Of course, I'm not running ancient scsi
disks, so that may or may not explain something.

Jason Costomiris                 | Finger for PGP 2.6.2 Public Key
jcostom@sjis.com                 | "There is a fine line between idiocy
My employers like me, but not	 | and genius.  We aim to erase that line"
enough to let me speak for them. |			--Unknown

	        	http://www.jasons.org/~jcostom