Re: the warez dudez won't leave me alone...

drobbins@unm.edu said:
> I'm new to Linux, how can I be sure there is no way for others to get
> in  to my machine when I am in a PPP session?

Disable inetd and rpc.portmap.
You might also want to disable sendmail, sshd, etc... depending on your configuration.
To check if there are any processes listening, do a:
	netstat --inet -a
With lsof, you might also know which process opens which socket, etc...
Basically, if no process have a listening socket on your machine, then no one will get in.
This is the only 100% safe (but drastic) solution.

Phil.