Re: Connection closed by foreign host.

There is a delay between the Escape character is '^]' and Connection closed.

Which log is "the log"?  I'm looked throught last and auth.log but found
nothing.

On Wed, 19 Mar 1997, Paul Christenson [N3EOP] wrote:

>On Wed, 19 Mar 1997, Jason Killen wrote:
>
>> I cant rlogin either but I do get mail along with other
>> services.  What happens exactally is I try to telnet in and I get
>>
>> Trying 127.0.0.1...
>> Connected to localhost.
>> Escape character is '^]'.
>> Connection closed by foreign host.
>
>Is there a delay between the 'Escape' and 'Connection closed' lines?  If
>so, it may be trying to resolve the names.  However, if you
>deleted/recreated the hosts.deny file, then it shouldn't be worrying about
>that.
>
>What does the log say?

Jason Killen                            Question Stupidity
Monolith : driven by inner daemons      RPS : better living through world
jkillen@tinuviel.cs.wcu.edu                domination