Re: XWindows .deb package for debian gnu linux

I'd like to know where to get a base, self explainatory, do-it-all-at-once
XWindows installation too.  Right now I only have the base zsh and
virtual-console interface going, but I kinda want to install X as well...

As for the partition problem, I'm not sure if you really need a swap file
at all.  I am running Debian 1.2 on my P166 w/ 64M RAM without a swap file
at all.  I just have one 400meg partition.  I've had the system up for
about 40 hours now, doing various things on it, and here's my memory
stats:
[9:10:02]/root# free
Mem:         63100      27516      35584       4480      19060       4668
-/+ buffers:             3788      59312
Swap:            0          0          0
[9:10:03]/root#

So if you're not planning on being a network server or anything, I don't
think having a swap file would be that necessary.  However, if you still
want one, doesn't a more recent version of DOS FDISK (e.g. Win95) allow
more than 2 "logical drives"?  I thought it would let you just delete your
E: and make a new E: and F: drives.  (Man, grammar with drive letters is
though stuff!)  And if it doesn't, I'm not sure if linux fdisk will or
not.  In either case, deleting E: shouldn't have an effect on C: or D:.
It's just a question of how many "logical drives" will the programs allow
you to have.  You might also want to check out a program called "Partition
Magic" - it's a retail DOS program that allows you to resize partitions,
change drive letters, clone partitions, and even change the FATs, from
FAT to FAT32 for example.  It also supports Ext2, OS/2, and HPFS systems.

...  Oh, and I fear for the people who have to read this, because the
lines were too long on my screen BEFORE I quoted (and were being wrapped)
- now they have a "> " in front of them - I'm curious to know what kind of
mess it'll make :)