RE: /dev/ttyS? v. /dev/cua?

I've used cu as well. What I had to do to get it working properly is
change the permissions on the device file to crw-rw-rw. I don't
know if this is correct. I think it is incorrect however following this
change, cu connect to the device and I was able to that modem.

Regards

Peter Iannarelli

Oliver Elphick wrote:
----------

Following advice in messages in this list, I have changed my UUCP
setup to use /dev/ttyS0 instead of /dev/cua0.

I now get an error message on terminating a cu session which I did not
see before:

ops% logout        << Log out from remote machine, which drops the line
cu: Got hangup signal
cu: Can't disable hardware flow control: I/O error
cu: write: I/O error

Does anyone know the reason for this?

Oliver Elphick                                      olly@enterprise.net
Isle of Wight                      http://homepages.enterprise.net/olly