Re: News and News reader

Quoting Luis Francisco Gonzalez (luisgh@cogs.susx.ac.uk):
> I have tried to install a news reader but it seems to require that I install
> a nntp package. Is that so? Is there any way to get a news reader that will
> connect to a remote server instead of requiring that I run a server locally?

Nearly ALL newsreader you may choose from dselect are capable of reading
news via NNTP.

slrn -h hostname (for example)

Just have a look at a file like /etc/nntpserver or so -- there you have to
fill in your default nntp server.

Alexander

--
Tech support is a fine art which, once mastered, virtually ensures
loss of sanity. Joe Thompson <joe@cstone.net>