Re: My screen gets messed up :-(

On Tue, 18 Mar 1997, Debian - Leander Berwers wrote:

> Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 10:39:03 +0100
> From: Debian - Leander Berwers <leander-debian@glasshouse.be>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: My screen gets messed up :-(
>
> Hi list
>
> After I do a 'more (binary file)' often my command prompt and everything I
> type is unreadable. This has probably something to do with ANSI. How can I
> correct this 'problem'?

blind typing reset usually fixes that for me.

hmms... I remember the less program used to warn people if a file to
be listed was a binary, so you could avoid the accidental messing of
the text screen. then when ELF was added it 'forgot' to do that. could
the less program be 'fixed' to recognise ELF as well as a.out binaries
to return to the earlier behaviour?

					Fuzzy