TeTeX for Debian - 1.2.8, Packages file problem

Hi,
	I got a little problem - Whe I've installed debian-1.2.8, all went
well, but now I'd like to install tetex (I'll install some czech support
from unofficial cstexdeb too, but it's not the problem I need to deal with
right now), and dselect doesn/t show any of tetex packages to me. I'm sure
that these packages are on my disk (in .../debian/bo/binary/tex/, and in
.../debian/bo/binary-all/tex/), but in Packages file there is no sign of
them.

	Second problem I have regards Packages file also. When I sownload
distribution and try to install, step 2 of installation crashes with
message
"dselect: parse error, in file `/var/lib/dpkg/available' near line 18231
package `zlib1' empty value for version"
The value of "version field seems to me little corrupted, but if I correct
the version number in one package, alike message appears in other one.

Am I doing wrong something, is my hardware wrong, or is the error
somewhere else? Any help or info will be appreciated.

				Thanks in advance
					Petr Barta