Re: /bin/sh != /bin/bash ? [was Re: zsh vs bash]

On Wed, 12 Mar 1997, Steve wrote:

> The problem is that the scripts only work with bash in sh mode and not
> with sh-compatible shells such as ash. Try making /bin/sh a symlink to
> /bin/ash and reboot. You'll get error messages from the startup

So if these script doesn't work with ash nor zsh in sh-mode, then
shouldn't they be changed to #!/bin/bash ?

> Most people have no problem using ash or zsh for /bin/sh. But most
> people are not Debian users. :-/

I'd like to have zsh as my *only* shell on the system.
Apparently, this is not possible with Debian. What are those bash-specific
options you refer to? Could the scripts be changed to work with ash &
zsh's sh-compatible modes?

  // Jonas <job@abc.se> [2:201/262.37]