Re: LARRY ELLISON

> On Mar 03, 1997 at 02:51:48AM +0100, Mathieu LEGRAND wrote:
> > Find out your browser's name and version and your OS version
> > from an CGI script is simple : you just have to print some
> > variables from a shell script.
> >   For exemple, try this script : essai.cgi
> >     | #!/bin/sh
> >     | echo Content-type: text/plain
> >     | echo
>
> Okay, but how about this one. I'm on hamishpc.rising.com.au,
> accessing a web page (http://www.silcom.com/~tonkin/pointless/),
> but I'm IP masquerading via silly.rising.com.au, which isn't
> really called that at all because I'm on via my ISP who's
> given my a dynamic IP, so I'm really dialin-a1-30.melbourne.internex.net.au
> or similar, and then I've via proxy cache proxy1.mel.connect.com.au,
> but that page still knows I'm from hamishpc!
>
> I do CGI but can't see how they do this one.

Maybe finger.  It seems you can CGI for the OS and if it's *nix run finger,
or just run finger and see what happens.  Check out www.digicrime.com,
they have all kinds of interesting things there.

> Hamish
>
> --
> Hamish Moffatt, moffatt@yallara.cs.rmit.edu.au,     Melbourne, Australia.
> Student, computer science & computer systems engineering. 3rd year, RMIT.
> http://yallara.cs.rmit.edu.au/~moffatt             CPOM: [****      ] 40%
> PGP key available from web page above.

Later

"Time is the best teacher, unfortunately it kills all of it's students"

Rob MacWilliams   robmacw@cl-sys.com
N9NPU