Re: diald and dctrl

[anti-spam encapsulation.  Reply to user gobbel, hostname cogsci.ucsd.edu]

At 4:00 PM -0500 3/10/97, Richard Morin wrote:
>Hi Folks,
>Does anyone know what the "forcing timeout" box means in dctrl?  dctrl
>doesn't run every time, but when it does, it has a countdown going on in
>the "forcing timeout" box.  To me, this means it is forcing the link down,
>but how do I stop it from doing this?

"Forcing timeout" means "time until next forcing event", i.e., time until
the next "up" or "down" rule will apply.  The default if you have no
forcing rules (which you probably don't) is to set this timer to 24 hours.
If there's nothing to do when it expires, it gets to to 24 hours again.
Don't worry about it, it means nothing at all unless your diald options
specify an "up" or "down" rule.

-Randy