Exim as replacement for smail

There's now an exim package available in the "unstable" hierarchy.
(For those who don't know, exim is a Mail Transport Agent that
had roots in smail but has grown into an actively maintained
independent sendmail replacement; it incorporates a number
of security and filtering features that smail lacks.)

I'm wondering if anyone who has converted from smail to exim
could comment on how much reconfiguring is likely to be necessary
after the conversion--I assume that the exim package won't use
information from an smail install, since the two packages are
defined as conflicting.

DS
--
David Sewell  *  dsew@packrat.aml.arizona.edu   | "Night-walkers, wizards,
Dep't of Geosciences, University of Arizona     |  bacchanals, revellers,