How to install own kernel

Hi!

Can someone tell me step by step how to install a new kernel in Debian.
I know how to do it in Slackware but it seems to be a little different in
debian.
My /usr/include directory is full of subdirs, I usually set the
/usr/include/linux as a link to
point to my kernelsource but it's a bit difficult when it is a subdir already.

I want to install kernel 2.0.29 can I just download it from sunsite and
install it ...
I've understand that you can make an own kernel-image.deb (does I have to)?

Thanks in advance/
		Micke

E-mail                 : <cel95mhl@mds.mdh.se>
                       : <micke@cel95mhl.campus.mdh.se>