Re: Installing a new kernel....

I just had this problem 2 days ago :)  After playing around with
everyone's responses, here's what finally worked:

cd /usr/src/linux
rm -r /lib/modules/*
make config
make dep
make clean
make zlilo
make modules
make modules_install
/sbin/depmod -a
pico /etc/modules
<Commented out all the lines in /etc/modules I didn't need anymore, which
happened to be all of them>

You might want to move /lib/modules/* to another directory instead of
deleting them (I tried just renaming the directory 2.0.27 to 2.0.27.old,
but it didn't seem to work).  You might also need to do something
different with /etc/modules.  I needed to edit that file because I got
"vfat: module not found" messages etc. when I booted.

Anyway, I hope that helps, and that all the paths I mentioned are correct
:)  I'm new to debian and I just wrote this off of memory so...