Re: Down Loading

Pete Poff <ppoff01@mail.coin.missouri.edu> writes:

>  There are somefile that are like 7 meg, and take 1 1/2 hours to
>  download and the service I use kick me off after 1 hour.  How could
>  I download it?

Either use reget command in ftp, or `get -r' in ncftp.  Both do the
same.

     reget remote-file [local-file]
                 Reget acts like get, except that if local-file exists and is
                 smaller than remote-file, local-file is presumed to be a par­
                 tially transferred copy of remote-file and the transfer is
                 continued from the apparent point of failure.  This command
                 is useful when transferring very large files over networks
                 that are prone to dropping connections.

Guy