Re: Another shared lib question

On Sat, 08 Mar 1997 00:55:46 CST "Walter L. Preuninger II"
(walterp@rapidramp.com) wrote:

> I have been reading the gcc-howto and the elf-howto... and have made my
> first shared library. My question is: does the code have to be
> rewritten/redesigned to take care of any reentrantcy problems? I have a
> feeling that globals/statics are bad news. Am I right?

That's one of the nice things of ELF. You don't have to care about it. The system does. That's much different from the old a.out where globals were also allowed, you you had to take care of them during the build process.

Notice that reentrancy is still a concern for you if you want your library to be thread-safe...

Phil.