Re: lynx lagzzzzz

In article <[🔎] Pine.BSF.3.95.970307193729.4920D-100000@mojo.calyx.net>,
	"Brian S. Julin" <bri@mojo.calyx.net> writes:

> I upgraded tons of packages (stable) and now lynx takes about
> a minute to start.

This is because your "/etc/mailcap" has a ridiculous lot of goodies
been added to via a installation routine of packages who use
install-mime.  I remember to have had a "/etc/mailcap" of more than
200KB once making lynx take quite some minutes to start up! :-(
Just reinstall the mime-support package to get a reasonably sized
"/etc/mailcap" or buy yourself a reasonably fast PentiumPro and you
are done. ;-)

As someone else has already pointed out before it looks like a bug in
the install-mime routine or one of the packages taking advantage of it
has gone nuts!?  I don't know how to trace it down other than
deinstalling all packages using the install-mime routine and reinstall
them one after another with appropriate checking.

                                  Regards, P. *8^)
--
   Paul Seelig                         pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de
   Our AMA Homepage  in  the WWW at  http://www.uni-mainz.de/~bender/