Re: pine producing gratuitous folder locks

On Fri, 7 Mar 1997, David C. Winters wrote:

> Today, I started getting running into a problem with Pine 3.94--it began
> telling me that every folder I tried accessing was locked.  This persisted
> even after I rebooted the machine, so I upgraded to Pine 3.95q out of the
> 3.95L-7 .deb package.  This resulted in the same thing--if I try to open a
> folder, it's locked.  After looking through /usr/doc/pine/tech-notes, I
> checked for <whatever>.lock files corresponding to the various folders, as
> well as a general lockfile in either /var/lock or /tmp without finding
> anything promising.  Has anyone else run into this with this package?

Are the permissions on the /tmp directory correct?  (1755, which looks
like drwxrwxrwt in ls -l /)  This is often my first clue that /tmp has the
wrong perms.

Then again, it could be some other problem...

  --Pete
Peter J. Templin, Jr.                   Client Services Analyst
Computer & Communication Services       tel: (717) 524-1590
Bucknell University			templin@bucknell.edu