Re: Perl/io/dpkg-ftp and start-stop-daemon (again(again)).

>When I do 'dpkg --status perl' and 'dpkg --status perl-base' it prints out
the

>corresponding lines:

>Package: perl
>[cut]

>Package: perl-base
>[cut]

Yep that's what I get. It's "perl" I have installed and not "perl-base" . I
can't "uninstall" it
in any way at all. Even using force options. As the removal script can't find
the perl executable
and biffs out (think I've said this before). So I can't reinstall a working
version.
   dpkg status says it's installed OK but I know better and so does it when it
tries to uninstall
it. This system is deadlocked in this repect.

>The perl package also tells that it replaces both the 'io' and 'perl-base'
>packages when it's installed. I'm not sure what has caused your problem, but
>maybe installing the 'perl' package helps.

Yup, I know this and this is where the dependancy trouble comes in. It seems
the perl
package in unstable is far from complete or working.

>Hope this keeps you from having to reinstall.

No really. I fear the worst.

Ozzy,
   __ _ _
  /  \ \ \
 / / / / / |-Brian Skreeg--------IRC:_Ozzy-|
 \__/  \ \ |-Lead guitarist extraordinaire-|
    \__/_/ |-I don't look like two zombies-|