Re: X personal configuration files: .fvwm2rc vs. .Xdefaults

[ cc'ed to the list ]
>On Fri, 7 Mar 1997, Jean-Paul LACHARME wrote:

>> For example, it has been said that running a color Xterm (which is very conv
>enient) needs only to add the line 'Xterm*customization: -color'. OK. So,  I c
>reated a .Xdefaults file into my home directory with this single line, but thi
>s was without any effect (in fact, I expected no more. Things are more complex
>).

You want to put "xrdb merge .Xdefaults" into, say, Fvwm2 init function.
(When you get it to work, take a look at "editres".)

While we're at it, even though it says in the /etc/X11/Xresources:
"This is a global Xresources file.  It is used by both xdm and xinit",
I had to merge it from my .xinitrc to make it work.
I should file a bug report, I guess.

Dimitri
-------
sig:
 "By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer meet the
  definition of a telephone fax machine.  By Sec.227(b)(1)(C), it is unlawful
  to send any unsolicited advertisement to such equipment. By Sec.227(b)(3)(C),
  a violation of the aforementioned Section is punishable by action to recover
  actual monetary loss, or $500, whichever is greater, for each violation."
(Solicited advertisements <huh?> and other such can be sent to
  emaziuk at curtin.edu.au)