Re: dselect error (more)

In a message to me, Andreas Tille, you wrote:

|"> How well has nfs been implemented on the HP?
|"If there is any chance to do it in different ways I'm quite sure that the
|"administrator had choosen the bad way.  This machine is in a terrible
|"state and it seems me that to become a Server for several Linux boxes
|"would be the a rebirth of it.  Fortunately I got the chance to do
|"the job of installing the Linux distribution myself.  If the administrator
|"of the HP machine would do that it would never work.

You might want to increase the cache-settings on the NFS partition:

hp:/partition /var/bla nfs rw,soft,bg,rsize=8192,wsize=4096 0   0
--
Ronald van Loon (ronald@and.nl)

"I am waiting as fast as I can! I want patience, and I want it *NOW*!"
                                                     - Bethany J. Parkhurst