Re: Minicom again

On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, Pete Poff wrote:

>  	the problem I am having is this.  When I try to download, it
>  gives the message, Press any key to download or Alt-C to quit.  I do and
>  it lagges for about 1-2 minutes, then goes back to the site I was on.  I

To download to your machine running minicom, you have to initiate the
transfer (sz) at the remote end. Then, minicom sees the zmodem signature
and runs rz for you automagically, just like the dos TELIX and many other
programs.

To upload, you run the receive program (rz) at the other end, and it waits
for the signature. You quickly then tell minicom to upload, select zmodem
(sz) and it asks you for a filename and sends it.

The messages that you quote sounds like you were in the ASCII download
mode, which is just a capture scenario, really. You cat a file at the far
end, and minicom stuffs it all in a file. When the data stops coming, you
press ALT-C.

...RickM...