Re: Monitor internal relay switches

From: "Daniel J. Mashao" <mashaodj@sunserver.engin.brown.edu>
> If i use linux and never run X,
> when I reboot (or even shutdown) my monitor does not make a funny noise.
> But if I ever start X then when I reboot I can hear the internal relay
> switching. What can I do to make sure that the internal relay does not
> make this noise. I have kernel 2.0.28 with Trident Vidoe Card and no-name
> monitor.

The XF86_SVGA man page refers to a "power_saver" option. "man 4 XF86Config"
seems to say something about how to turn this on and off. There are also
a number of other things that X does to the monitor.

However, the relay is operating for one of two reasons - the monitor is
going into a power-save mode, or the monitor has lost sync momentarily.
Operation of the relay is not bad for your monitor, and I'd suggest you
ignore it.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--