Re: [OFFTOPIC] rc5-race FAQ

Ioannis Tambouras <ioannis@flinet.com> writes:

>     RC5 clients are at ftp://portal.stwing.upenn.edu/pub/rc5 (US
>     only)
>
>     There are non-us sites with clients at (?? please let me know)

At least <URL:ftp://ftp.tecnet.de/pub/rc5/>.

> 4.   WHAT HAPPENS TO THE $10,000 PRIZE ?
>
>  It is not clear who will declared the winner. Maybe it is top email
>  address, or maybe the address that finds the key. Do not know.
>
>  Debian has no official announcement on what will do with the
>  prize. They should. Most likely, part or the whole prize will get
>  donated somewhere.  (where?)

Oh well, I guess just asking them wouldn't be such a bad idea. I'll
send email to them and tell the answer to this list, if no-one doesn't
do it first.

> 4.  WHAT ARE THE CLIENT COMMANDS ?
>
> To get a keyspace, use something command like this:
>
> % nohup  rc5-client-linux-i586   -i  debian@debian.org
>
>   The -i option is needed to register the run to debian.org

The new version of the client uses different options, I think.

--
Juri Pakaste/Juri.Pakaste@Helsinki.FI