Re: Filesystemsize

|">>>>> Stefan Walder writes:
|"
|"> does anyone know how big a ext2-filesystem can be?
|"
|">From /usr/src/linux/fs/ext2/CHANGES:
|"
|"Changes from version 0.5 to version 0.5a
|"========================================
|"[..]
|"	- Check that no data can be written to a file past the 2GB limit.

This only says that a *file* can't be over 2 GB in size.

A bit further down in the same file:

    - Support for big file systems: the copy of the FS descriptor is now
      dynamically allocated (previous versions used a fixed size array).
      This allows to mount 2GB+ FS.

Ronald van Loon (ronald@and.nl)

"I am waiting as fast as I can! I want patience, and I want it *NOW*!"
                                                     - Bethany J. Parkhurst