Re: FTP problems (not DSELECT)

>>>>> "William" == William Chow <williamc@uclink2.berkeley.edu> writes:

 William> On Sat, 22 Feb 1997, Bubonic wrote:

 >> Okay this is weird.
 >>
 >> I can FTP to my machine, but only to anonymous.  UNLESS, the
 >> account that I am FTPing to is running bash for a shell.  If it is
 >> running tcsh, it says: user access denied.
 >>
 >> Any ideas?
 >>
 >> I find this rather strange.

 William> Yeah, you should try reading the docs. There is a file in
 William> /etc that lists all the shells that are allowed to login to
 William> your system, called, surprisingly, shells. Add /usr/bin/tcsh
 William> or wherever you tcsh binary is stored. This was covered in
 William> the telnet man page, I believe, or in login.

<flame>

Do you enjoy flaming people or were you just having another bad day?
This is the third or fourth time I've seen you needlessly flame
someone.  And if it was covered in the telnet or login man pages
(which I don't know if it is actually, and it seems neither do you
since you didn't say definitely) why would you expect someone to go
look in those for info on ftp?  Oh and just for fun I checked ftp and
ftpd man pages and the info isn't contained there.

</flame>

Jim

--
@James LewisMoss                 | moss@cs.sc.edu | Blessed Be!