Re: What is the trick to scroll back up and see boot messages?

You can use the console scrollback with the Shift-PageUp/PageDown keys. The
alternative is the dmesg (8) command which shows the kernel bootup and all the
later messages.

I guess the reason that not all the messages don't show in /var/log/messages
is that they are generated by the startup scripts not by the kernel.

Stean Brown wrote:
> 	I recall that there is a way to scroll back up and see boot messages
> 	from the console. I can't remember what it was though. Can someone
> 	refresh my memory.
>
> 	Also why are not all boot message logged into /var/log/messages ?

// Heikki
--
Heikki Vatiainen                  * hessu@cs.tut.fi
Tampere University of Technology  * Tampere, Finland