Re: Debian on an umsdos zip disk

Hi Gertjan

I made myself a system like this, just to see.  Debian detects the ZIP
drive on startup, so you must have the drive attached AND a disc in the
drive at this time.

You can then proceed as for a 'normal' installation.  The big drawback is
that the parallel port drive is so slow, at least with the current driver.
I'm going to follow up the recent post about a faster one!  I would
recommend the SCSI version for performance, though.

Also, there's only about 80-90M free if you put a swap partition of the
disk as well.

Interesting exercise, though. Best of luck!
cheers,

Robert Varley
Trowbridge, Wilts