Re: All of a sudden lost mouse support...

On Sat, 22 Feb 1997, Robert Nicholson wrote:

> Very wierd. I install apm which I've disabled but since I did this gpm
> says /dev/mouse: Device or resource busy.

Did you look  at /dev/mouse? Was it pointing at the right device? In your
case it's supposed to point at /dev/psaux. If it's not /dev/psaux, then to
the appropriate stty or cua (use stty if you can).

> Cat /proc/interrupts shows that the mouses interrupt 10 isn't in use by
> anybody.
>
> lsof /dev/mouse shows nothing.
>
> So this is usually the kernel saying that there's no mouse support?

No, it just means /dev/mouse might not exist. (what's lsof???)  It's a
symlink.

If this works, you need to read up on symlinks a bit more. The problem
would've been easily resolved if you gave us a bit more info, and you took
the time to look around in /dev.

Will