On Press Releases

I want to reassure everyone on debian-user that I'm not making a policy
decision to discount other people's work in writing press releases.
Press Releases are a very special form of writing in which you get
_very_ limited space (nobody reads ones over one page) and you really
should use that space to blow your _own_ horn and trust others to blow
their own horns for themselves. Please don't make it difficult for
Debian to blow it's own horn - it would be self-destructive for the
project.

There is, however, room for articles on the history of Linux and the
phenomenon of all this software from different people coming together
into a cohesive whole. I suggest some of you write articles on those
themes, and try to place them in print media. I'm afraid I don't have
time to do that and everything else I do for Debian.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Bruce Perens K6BP   Bruce@Pixar.com   510-215-3502