How to map <Alt>+<key> under X?

Hi,

On my notebook, the numeric keypad is embedded into main keypad.
When it is active, the key-symbols: 7,8,9,0,u,i,... can't be used.
Because I use Jed in EDT mode, and the frequent switching is very
annoying, I changed following lines in /etc/kbd/default.map:

        alt     keycode   8 = KP_7
        alt     keycode   9 = KP_8
        alt     keycode  10 = KP_9
        alt     keycode  11 = KP_Multiply
        alt     keycode  22 = KP_4
        alt     keycode  23 = KP_5
        alt     keycode  24 = KP_6
        alt     keycode  25 = KP_Subtract
        alt     keycode  28 = KP_Enter
        alt     keycode  36 = KP_1
        alt     keycode  37 = KP_2
        alt     keycode  38 = KP_3
        alt     keycode  39 = KP_Add
        alt     keycode  50 = KP_0
        alt     keycode  52 = KP_Period
        alt     keycode  53 = KP_Divide

Doing so, the Jed EDT mode under console works fine: <Alt>+7 is KP_7,
etc... But I don't know how to do the same under X Windows.
Any help is appreciated.

Best regards.
		Zlatko

Dr. Zlatko Rek                      |         Phone:+386 61 177 3746
Jozef Stefan Institute              |               +386 61 177 3900
National Supercomputing Centre      |         Fax:  +386 61 219 385
Jamova 39, P.O.BOX 300              |
E-mail:zlatko.rek@nsc.ijs.si
SI-1001 Ljubljana, SLOVENIA         |         http://www2.ijs.si/~rek/