Re: Python still supported?

Oops, looks like I forgot to Cc: you when I sent the message to
bugs@debian.org closing out the original bug report by a different
user.

I belive the problem you were having (conflict between the thread
support and the Tkinter library) has been resolved (by temporarily
removing thread support) in revision 1.4.0-3 of python, which is
currently in 'unstable'.

I hope to upload 1.4.0-4, which will re-enable thread support (now
that the necessary libraries have been compiled with -D_REENTRANT) in
a couple of weeks, as soon as I have sufficiently tested thread
support against the other python libraries.

Sorry for the communications mix-up,
- Klee

--
This message was delayed because the list mail delivery agent was down.