Re: vim/libXaw.so.6

> I've loaded the vim package successfully, but get:
> vim: can't load library 'libXaw.so.6'

libXaw is the X Athena Widgets library.

Look in /usr/X11R6/lib. Is there a 'libXaw.so.6' file in there? If not,
you'll need to (re)install the xlib6(I think) package. If the file is
already there, check your /etc/ld.so.conf file to see if the /usr/X11R6/lib
directory is checked for shared libs. If that directory is not listed there,
add it. In any case, do an "ldconfig -v" as root to update the shared
library cache, and see if libXaw.so.6 is found.

It's also possible (but not likely) that your libXaw file has been corrupted
somehow, or that you have the a.out version of libXaw or vim.

Good luck.