Re: mount/unmount scripts

> True, but if there isn't a cdrom in the drive at boot-up time, the cdrom drive
> won't mount 8-) That's why I created the scripts.

Have a look at the "user" and "noauto" options (I recommend man mount)
My /etc/fstab contains the lines

/dev/scd0 /cdrom iso9660 user,noauto,ro 0 0
/dev/fd0 /dos/a msdos user,noauto,rw 0 0
/dev/hda2 /dos/c msdos user,noauto,rw 0 0
/dev/sda1 /dos/d msdos user,noauto,rw 0 0
/dev/sda5 /dos/e msdos user,noauto,rw 0 0

This way mount /cdrom works from a normal user account and e.g.
  mount /dos/d
from my normal login (bsb) makes all files on /dos/d owned by bsb.bsb

No need for home-brewn scripts, no need for su.

Hope this helps
  Siggy