Re: how to type accents with pine in a msg? [OOPS]

( Re Message From: beland@CERCA.UMontreal.CA )

> > Even simpler is to change the "pine" editor to vim, and enable vim's
> > digraph support. Then you can enter all the accented charracters in
> > ISO-8859-1 by typing Ctrl-V followed by two other characaters.
> >
> > E.g. "e-acute" is "^Ve'".
>
> I guess you mean Ctrl-K instead of Ctrl-V...
>
> --
> Michel Beland                 beland@CERCA.UMontreal.CA

Yes indeed!!  Thanks for drawing attention to this typo. Therefore, what I
should have posted:

   Even simpler is to change the "pine" editor to vim, and enable vim's
   digraph support. Then you can enter all the accented characters in
   ISO-8859-1 by typing Ctrl-K followed by two other characaters.

   E.g. "e-acute" is "^Ke'".

Ted.                                    (Ted.Harding@nessie.mcc.ac.uk)