Compaq installation problem

Hi,

I have a Compaq Prosignia vs with onboard SCSI-controller and only a SCSI-HD.
 I would like to install Debian on my machine but the resque disk doesn't know
my SCSI-board so it will not detect my HD either.  So I peeked inside my
computer and found a chip labeled: NCR 53C710 (and a bunch of other numbers)
which, I guess, is the SCSI-controller.  Can anybody tell me where to get a set
of installation disks that knows this controller?

Thanks in advance,

Nico.

Nico De Ranter
Sony Objective Composer (SOCOM)
Sint Stevens Woluwestraat 55 (Rue de Woluwe-Saint-Etienne)
1130 Brussel (Bruxelles), Belgium, Europe, Earth
Telephone: +32 2 724 17 41 Telefax: +32 2 726 26 86
e-mail: nico.deranter@sonycom.com