Re: Netscape problems :(

> I just installed Netscape 3.01 for Linux, and it looks not bad.  The
> problem is screen sizes.  I'm running XFree86 3.2 in 800x600 mode with the
> fvwm95 manager, but whenever I open the mail window, it won't fit on the
> screen.  Not to mention that I can't figure out how to get past 256 colors.

Was this package installed using the Debian package, or by hand?  Netscape
probably won't find its app-defaults file without being set up properly.

You can also put something in your .Xresources file or start it with a
command like:  'netscape -geometry 1137x990'  (on 1280x1024)

I don't know if netscape can handle more than 8-bits of color.  Of course,
if X is running with 16 or 24 bitplanes, netscape will get all colors
that it asks for.

> P.S.  Could anyone recomend a good manager, or should I stick with fvwm95?

I use fvwm without any problems.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )