Re: Best Debian CD?

According to Ami Ganguli:

> Actually, if you've already got DOS running on your pc, it should be
> possible to put in the CD and run a "setup.exe" without ever making a
> boot floppy.

	MS-DOS may not be installed on every system running Linux.  I just
	recently installed an e-mail server with Debian Linux that does not
	require a DOS partition.  In fact, the ideal would be to have
	applications available such that DOS or Win95 partitions are not
	required.  IMHO we should continue to support DOS/FAT and
	Win95/VFAT file systems w/o requiring them for Debian
	installation.

> I know it's against most of our philosophies to support the use of DOS in
> any capacity, but when Caldera releases OpenDOS this could provide a really
> nice, fast way to install the system and it would still be free.  As it
> stands now, we still need DOS to use "rawrite.exe" anyway.

	rawrite.exe is not necessary.  You can use dd from an existing
	Linux/unix system.
--
 \ Carl Greco           PHONE voice: (402) 496-3381 /