Re: diald problems. argh.

> On Sun, 19 Jan 1997 18:44:32 +1100 Hamish Moffatt (moffatt@yallara.cs.
> rmit.edu.au) wrote:
>
> > My /etc/diald/diald.options file says
> > "connect "/etc/ppp/startppp-diald"", and that file says
> >
> > "pppd connect "chat -f /etc/ppp/chatscript""
> >
> > which contains my chatscript, and works fine. (I've been dialing
> > for the past few months by running pppd manually.)
>
> You're starting pppd yourself in the connect script while diald expects to start pppd itself. The connect script should just execute the `chat' command.
> Re-read the diald manpage and look in the mail archives, I've already explained that one week ago.

Thanks. Now, is there a way I can have diald ignore ping packets destined
for a particular host? I want to run ping to keep the ISP from timing out,
but I don't want the packets to stop the link from being taken down
by this end. I put

ignore icmp ip.daddr=203.12.22.10

in /etc/diald/diald.conf but this does not seem to be having the effect;
the link has been idle long enough to be hung up, and the only
traffic (according to tcpdump) is some inter-named stuff and
the icmp traffic.

thanks,
Hamish